Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Burying the dead

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Burying the dead

    Today, friends of the Forum, I am here to eulogize a short lived member of this board. I have been a member of this board for four years and I have seen people come and go often, some friends, some not. Having been a member since around last November, this person did not garner a friendship with many here. His posts were quite single-minded in nature, often garnering criticism from fellow board members, including myself. When I became aware of his agenda, I took it upon myself to run him off this board. Yes, I am speaking of Hokiebird/Pac Man/weedeater. However irritating this character may have been, his sole purpose was to try to open people's eyes to the light of his thinking. Was that such a crime? To me it was, and still is. No matter what I thought, I besieged this poor soul with derrogatory comments on a constant basis. I pretty much lassooed him and threw him to the dogs to be torn apart. (Dogs meaning some of the other forum members). Granted, he did shoot his own self in the foot, but did this warrant the way we treated this person? I take sole responsibility for running this soul off this board, and I tell you my friends, I take no pleasure from it. May his identities rest in peace...ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Amen.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burying the dead

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mik_Mo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Today, friends of the Forum, I am here to eulogize a short lived member of this board. I have been a member of this board for four years and I have seen people come and go often, some friends, some not. Having been a member since around last November, this person did not garner a friendship with many here. His posts were quite single-minded in nature, often garnering criticism from fellow board members, including myself. When I became aware of his agenda, I took it upon myself to run him off this board. Yes, I am speaking of Hokiebird/Pac Man/weedeater. However irritating this character may have been, his sole purpose was to try to open people's eyes to the light of his thinking. Was that such a crime? To me it was, and still is. No matter what I thought, I besieged this poor soul with derrogatory comments on a constant basis. I pretty much lassooed him and threw him to the dogs to be torn apart. (Dogs meaning some of the other forum members). Granted, he did shoot his own self in the foot, but did this warrant the way we treated this person? I take sole responsibility for running this soul off this board, and I tell you my friends, I take no pleasure from it. May his identities rest in peace...ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Amen. </div></div>


    IMHO not someting to brag about

  3. #3
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burying the dead

    wtf???
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burying the dead

    He deserves no eulogy.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burying the dead

    I do have to let everyone know that I was bored and wrote that on the spur of the moment out of pure sarcasm.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burying the dead

    It might be best to not mention the fellow on here. He is not a bad guy, just a bit misguided at times.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burying the dead

    (slow clap)
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burying the dead

    slowly wiping tear from eye
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burying the dead

    I don't see the point of even mentioning him. Nobody caused him to be removed from the board, but he himself.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burying the dead

    I have a suggestion, the next one that mentions his name, get banned for a day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •